This will be an online event and registration is open now.
Q: Who will gain the most from this training?
A: While anyone is welcome, this training will be most helpful to program directors and anyone who manages or coordinates volunteers.
Across Texas, hundreds – maybe thousands – of community-based literacy organizations get new volunteers ready to work with adult literacy classes. Every week, trainings take place on topics like How Adults Learn, Reading Basics, Intro to ESL, and more. That’s a LOT of duplicated effort.
Intake to Outcomes is designed to assist programs with volunteer tutor and teacher training, covering the core topics that are universal to all adult literacy programs, and leaving coordinators free to focus on the details specific to their site or process.
Come along to this introductory session to learn how you can use Intake to Outcomes to deliver quality literacy training to your volunteers, at no cost to you. Workshops available include basic self-paced sessions on how to teach Reading, Language, Math, and Citizenship, and the video-based, online sessions are supported by experienced facilitators ready to answer questions. I2O is designed to be equally useful to brand new volunteers just getting started, or as a refresher for instructors who have been teaching for a while.
This introductory presentation will be one hour, with an extra 30 minutes for questions.
“I2O saved our program a lot of time and money. I no longer have to hire and train trainers, find a site, and deal with no-shows. I2O made our tutor training inexpensive, easy, and efficient, I couldn’t have asked for more.”
I2O Tutor Training workshops available to your program (fee covered 100% by TCALL):
- Reading Basics 2.0 (for Adult Basic Literacy tutors)
- Language Basics 2.0 (for English Language tutors)
- Math Basics 2.0 (for entry-level Math tutors)
- The Citizenship Coach (for Citizenship tutors)
I2O is flexible, interactive, and evidence-based:
- Training based on latest research and evidence-based practices
- Instructional text, audio, videos, and interactive activities
- 24/7 access with smartphones, tablets, or computers
- Tutors can start and stop on their own schedules
- Video demonstrations with real tutors and students
- Tutors earn certificates of completion
- Resources available to the tutor after the training is complete
“The videos are excellent! Tutors can see authentic demonstrations of teaching strategies and techniques with real students.”
Experienced facilitators monitor, support, and provide feedback to tutors throughout the highly-structured online workshops.
“Knowing that an experienced trainer is available to answer any question that comes up along the way, makes training online so easy.”
I2O is cost effective: Say goodbye to trainer recruitment, finding a site, preparing materials, travel expenses, sporadic training sessions, and no-shows.