Across Texas, hundreds – maybe thousands – of community-based literacy organizations get new volunteers ready to work with adult literacy classes. Every week, trainings take place on topics like How Adults Learn, Reading Basics, Intro to ESL, and more.
That’s a LOT of duplicated effort.
Intake to Outcomes is designed to save you time. It could replace the sections of your current teacher or volunteer tutor training that focus on teaching basics and core techniques, and allow you to spend more time on the onboarding elements specific to your program or site – such as the text books you use, site tours, or other processes.
Or, it could become the focus of a refresher workshop or other professional development for your teachers, tutors, or other instructors.
Workshops on the online platform for teachers are self-paced, and the video-based sessions are supported by experienced facilitators ready to answer questions.
“I2O saved our program a lot of time and money. I no longer have to hire and train trainers, find a site, and deal with no-shows. I2O made our tutor training inexpensive, easy, and efficient, I couldn’t have asked for more.”
I2O Tutor Training workshops available to your program:
- Reading Basics 2.0 (for Adult Basic Literacy tutors)
- Language Basics 2.0 (for English Language tutors)
- Math Basics 2.0 (for entry-level Math tutors)
- The Citizenship Coach (for Citizenship tutors)
I2O is designed to be equally useful to brand new volunteers just getting started, or as a refresher for instructors who have been teaching for a while.
The program is flexible, interactive, and evidence-based:
- Training is based on latest research and evidence-based practices
- Instructional text, audio, videos, and interactive activities
- 24/7 access with smartphones, tablets, or computers
- Participants can start and stop on their own schedules
- Video demonstrations with real tutors and students
- Tutors earn certificates of completion
- Resources available to the tutor after the training is complete
“The videos are excellent! Tutors can see authentic demonstrations of teaching strategies and techniques with real students.”
Experienced facilitators monitor, support, and provide feedback to tutors throughout the highly-structured online workshops.
And I2O is cost effective: No need to worry about trainer recruitment, finding a site, preparing materials, travel expenses, sporadic training sessions, and no-shows. Best of all – for a limited number of Texas agencies, TCALL (the Texas Center for the Advancement of Literacy & Learning) is picking up the tab for the training so you can access it completely for free.
“Knowing that an experienced trainer is available to answer any question that comes up along the way, makes training online so easy.”
Ready to learn more? Check out the demonstration session hosted by Literacy Texas and TCALL in December 2021 below, and get in touch with any questions.