About This Session
What’s the most difficult, most expensive, and most important thing volunteer literacy programs have to do in order to successfully support their adult learners? Turn volunteers into well trained, well supported tutors!
This session shares a valuable resource Literacy Texas and TCALL (Texas Center for the Advancement of Literacy & Learning) are providing to community-based Texas literacy organizations… for free!
What we'll cover:
- Look at an overview of the Intake to Outcomes (I2O) training platform
- Review the content modules available to your program:
- Reading Basics 2.0 (for those working with adult basic literacy learners)
- Language Basics 2.0 (for tutors working with English Language Learners)
- Math Basics 2.0 (for tutors working with beginning level math learners)
- Citizenship Coach (for tutors working with learners working toward their citizenship exam)
- Discuss how I2O training has worked in other states
- Break down barriers to using the system in your program
Topics & Focus
Primary Topic Area
Session will also cover:
Handouts & Materials
No handouts or materials available at this time.
This session will introduce participants to I2O, the popular online training platform for new instructors.
I2O is currently offered to non-federally funded Texas literacy programs for free, thanks to the Texas Center for the Advancement of Literacy & Learning (TCALL).