About This Session
Do you work with adult learners who are just beginning to read and write?
This session will cover suggested goals, processes, and activities for helping an adult ESL learners get successfully started on the road to literacy, and will help to make the process feel less daunting for instructors working with this level.
Make sure to come to both parts of this 2-part session!
What we'll cover:
- Language Immersion Experience: Step into the shoes of a literacy level learner
- Overview and characteristics of literacy level learners
- Instructional recommendations for working with literacy level learners
- Develop alphabetics for new writers
- Incorporate phonics instruction to build skills for new readers
- Use the language experience approach (LEA) to build on knowledge, talent, and interests
Topics & Focus
Primary Topic Area
Session will also cover:
Handouts & Materials
No handouts or materials available at this time.
Get Texas literacy updates
Make sure you’re on our mailing list so you don’t miss any news:
- Conference updates
- Regional symposia
- Online training