About This Session
A conversation is more than talking and listening!
Learn about three essential skills learners need in order to join a conversation and keep it going. Participants will learn how to introduce those strategies to their classes or conversation groups and get learners talking in small groups online or in-person.
Come ready to participate and try out the techniques yourself!
What we'll cover:
- Developing a supportive learning environment
- What students need to feel safe and successful
- Teaching Conversation Skills
- Explicit instruction in three skills that advance most conversations
- Practicing Conversation Skills
- One flexible activity to practice in small groups
Topics & Focus
Primary Topic Area
Session will also cover:
Handouts & Materials
No handouts or materials available at this time.
Get Texas literacy updates
Make sure you’re on our mailing list so you don’t miss any news:
- Conference updates
- Regional symposia
- Online training